Sunday, February 26, 2012

Colours, Colours and more Colours

I have been getting a bit antsy waiting for my kitchen cabinets to come in so I decided I would spruce up my main bathroom a bit in the meantime.  We had done it many years back and put this vinyl flooring in which at the time I loved, but now am tiring of it so I don't want it to stand out so much.




After we had the kids we thought maybe a fresh coat of paint would make it more appealing but I have never really been happy with the colour so we never finished it off and we kept saying, "well since we are going to renovate it, we may as well leave it as it is for now."  This is what it looks like right now.






Well, now that we are doing the kitchen I know it will be at least a year before we reno and I can't stand it any longer! It must be finished off!

I've decided that the biggest problem with the colour is that it really doesn't go with the floor at all, it just makes the floor stand out that much more.  Hubby and I decided we would go with something sleek, simple and that will blend well with the flooring.  I've also decided to repaint the vanity and maybe spruce it up with some trim.  I am going to try some moulding around the medicine cabinet mirror to make it a bit prettier and get a new shower curtain and accessories.  Hopefully these quick fixes will make it a space that we can be happy with for a while longer.

Here is where I need your opinion and assistance.  This is a photo I took of the online colour program at Behr.com 




The quality is poor but I had no other way of saving the picture.  No, this isn't my bathroom....I wish!  Anyway, the wall colour is the top chip, the middle chip is the colour for the vanity but since there is no vanity in this bathroom I added the colour to the floor to see how the colours would work together. The lightest colour I used on the ceiling and trim.  I am a bit torn on this part as well, because I know that the more contrast in a room the smaller it looks and my bathroom is already pretty small, so I'm not sure if I should keep everything in the wall colour.  I look forward to hearing your comments.

I'll keep you posted on the process along the way.

Cheers,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear your comments on a post so please keep them coming. However, due to spam issues, I will be approving comments before they are posted so I apologize for the inconvenience and delay in seeing your comments on the post. Thank you for your understanding.

~Lisa